QUEEN ESTHER LIMA BEAN HEAD
Even a very young child can make this adorable stick puppet of Queen Esther!
- Paint the lima bean “head”. Glue it to a craft stick. Add yarn hair and facial features.
- Cut a 6” (15 cm) circle of fabric or paper for the dress.
- If you are making an angel cut a 4” (10 cm) circle of fabric or paper for the wings. Fold it in half.
- Find the centre point of the “dress” by folding the larger circle in half and then in quarters.
- Make a tiny snip at this point, just enough to slide the craft stick through. Glue the dress in place at the neckline. Re-fold dress at the sides according to the photo. Glue down.
- To make an angel, glue the wings to the centre-back of the dress.
- To make Queen Esther, add a paper crown and decorate her dress: Ditali pasta, painted a bright blue, is the trim on the dress! Children will have fun designing their very own version of Queen Esther’s crown!