NEW TESTAMENT: CAST INTO THE DEEP
This puppet glove will be the basis of countless Bible stories! How many New Testament stories refer to fishing and fishermen! The Apostle and fish are very simple to make from felt; they can be either sewn or glued. Velcro dots enable the felt motifs to be snapped on or off the glove as the story unfolds.
TO MAKE THE APOSTLE:
1. Cut out the finger puppet pattern from a doubled layer of felt. Glue or sew around the edges, leaving the bottom edge open to insert the finger.
2. Cut out the hood pattern from a doubled layer of felt if you are sewing the finger puppet. If you are gluing it you only need one layer of felt.
3. Sew or glue the edges together. Glue the hood to the puppet.
4. Next, cut a face pattern from a single layer of felt. Glue or sew in place.
5. Cut a beard from a single layer of felt. Sew or glue to the face of the puppet.
6. Add googly eyes and glue a piece of cording around the puppet’s head.