Mordecai was given a horse and crown by King Xerxes (Esther 6:8)
TO MAKE THE HORSE:
Copy the pattern on card stock for the horse’s body and head. Paint and cut out.
- Glue the horse’s head to the body.
- Paint the clothespin “legs” and clip to the horse.
- Glue on yarn for the mane and a googly eye.
- Make a tail from a narrow strip of cardstock and add yarn for the tip of the tail.
TO MAKE THE PEG DOLL:
- Cut off 1.25″ (3 cm) from the bottom of the peg. Lightly sand the rough edges. Paint the doll.
- Cut out the pattern for the hair and crown and glue it on to the head according to the photograph.
- Add an eye with felt pen. Place the doll on the horse.
- To make the reins, glue on a length of yarn or embroidery floss to make it look as though Mordecai is holding on to them.