NOAH’S ARK: A FISHY BOARD GAME!
The fish are mighty curious! What is this new thing in their midst? An ark? What’s an ark? Find out which fish will reach the ark first! The fish markers are lima beans. Their felt tails are glued on. Play the game to find out if the blue fish, or the red fish or the yellow fish reaches the ark first!!
HOW TO MAKE THE GAME:
1. Print out the game board. Cut out and glue to a blue background.
2. Print, colour and cut out the ark. Attach a stand to the back to make it stand up. TO MAKE A STAND: cut out cardboard 3.25″(8.5cm) x 1″(2.5cm). Mark 2″(5cm) on the tab and fold back along this line. Glue the longer part of the tab to the back of the ark. The shorter part of the tab stands on the table to enable the ark to stand.
3. Paint lima beans different colours. Glue on a felt tail and a googly eye to complete the fish. If you don’t have lima beans you could also make the fish from cardboard.
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
1. The first child throws a pair of die. He/she subtracts the lower number from the higher number. The child then moves that many spaces ahead. The game continues in this way.
2. If the child’s number is zero he/she moves 3 steps BACKWARD. If the child scores a 2 he/she moves 2 spaces FORWARD. The first child to reach the last space is the first fish to reach the ark!