DANIEL AND THE LIONS
Make the finger puppets of Daniel and the lions from tubes of paper or cardboard (from a cereal box) to fit the child’s finger. To begin, first wrap a rectangle of cardboard or paper around the child’s finger to find out how large or small to make the tube. Next step: tape the ends together to form a tube shape.
HOW TO MAKE THE LIONS:
1. Paint the TUBES OF PAPER yellow.
2. Paint a 1.25″(3cm) circle for the face. Add a mouth and googly eyes. Glue to the tube.
3. The mane is a mini cupcake liner which is glued to the back of the face. You can cut into the mane with scissors to make it look more “mane-like.” Glue the face and mane to the wrapper.
NOTE: To make the puppets’ faces you can purchase circular disks (for the face) at any craft store. Or make your own!
HOW TO MAKE DANIEL:
1. Paint the paper tubes. Paint a 1.25″(3cm) circle for his face. Add a mouth and googly eyes. Glue to the wrapper.
2. To make Daniel’s headpiece: Cut a piece of fabric 3″(8cm) x 7″(17.5cm). Fold in half lengthwise. Drape the headpiece over the head and glue in place. Tie a pipe cleaner around the head. Make sure the folded part is facing the front (rather than the ragged edge part).