A quick game to make that is lots of fun! All you need is a can with a lid.
TO MAKE THE GAME:
1. The teacher writes words on small pieces of paper (or punched circles if you have a circle puncher) and on each piece he/she writes the name of an animal. As well, she/he writes the word NOAH on one piece and ARK on another. Make about 20 or so words.
2. Decorate the can with gift-wrap or scrapbook paper and glue on a picture of the ark as printed from the pattern below.
TO PLAY THE GAME:
1. The first child puts all the words in the can and shakes it vigorously.
2. The child spills all the words out on the table.
3. Only the words that are FACE UP score a point. If the word ARK appears it is worth 2 points; the word NOAH is worth 3 points.
4. The children add up their scores at the end of each round and keep a tally. Several rounds are played. The child with the highest total is the first to “reach the ark.”