These puppets are made from peanuts and toothpicks.
TOOTHPICK ESTHER AND MORDECAI PUPPETS:
- Paint peanut flesh colour. In case of peanut allergies, substitute a wooden ice cream spoon. Add facial features with a felt pen and yarn for hair or beard. You can also leave the peanut unpainted if you wish.
- Glue a scrap of fabric around the figure, stapling a “pleat” to the front of the robe as shown in the photo.
- Form a finger toothpick holder by making a small hole at the bottom of the peanut; add glue to the hole, then insert the toothpick.
- Add yarn hair, beard, and a yellow paper crown to the queen!
- For younger children you might want to break off the sharp tip of one end of the toothpick for safety reasons. A slight sanding with an emery board or sandpaper would smooth the rough edges.